Environmentally Friendly Franchises
Environmentally Friendly Franchises
In our previous article, we discussed the importance of socially responsible franchises. We also provided an in-depth explanation of what CSR (corporate social responsibility) is. There are many ways your business can be socially responsible, and one of the most important contributing factors is how your franchise treats the environment.
With growing environmental concerns, it is important for businesses to consider becoming green franchises or eco-friendly franchises, especially those with multiple locations. We’ll take a closer look at this time around and dive into what makes a franchise environmentally conscious as well as some eco-friendly and organic franchise opportunities.
Why Should Your Franchise be Eco-Friendly?
The environment has become a deep concern for many people in recent years. You’ll find consumers often supporting and choosing brands that align with their values of conserving the environment.
Studies show that 66% of global consumers are willing to pay more for products from companies they believe are environmentally responsible.
So why should your franchise choose to be eco-friendly?
• You’ll save green by going green: your franchise will help reduce material waste by cutting down on energy use. Many businesses find more profit after choosing to invest in sustainability and energy saving.
• You’ll attract more consumers that align with your business values: Consumers tend to respect and support brands that are environmentally conscious.
• You’ll enjoy financial benefits: Energy-efficient companies also tend to have more favorable financing terms. For instance, facilities that bear the ENERGY STAR certification typically have lower interest rates by 30 to 35 basis points.
• You’ll boost employee productivity: Studies have proved that a greener business can boost productivity by up to 16%.
Organic Food Franchises
Organic food is great for the environment because organic farming practices reduce pollution, conserve water, reduce soil erosion, increase soil fertility, and use less energy.
Not to mention that organic food is fresher, contains fewer pesticides, and can be richer in certain nutrients.
With many people adopting a healthier lifestyle and becoming more aware of the food they eat, organic food franchises are becoming a rewarding opportunity for franchisors looking for investments. According to the Organic Trade Association. “Organic food now accounts for more than five percent of total food sales in the U.S.” With the increasing awareness and health concerns, there is no doubt that this number will keep growing.
Let’s take a look at some organic food franchise opportunities:
• Rush Bowls: Rush Bowls is an emerging acai bowl franchise offering healthy and fresh bowls that can serve as meal replacements. These bowls have become so popular and adopted by those who seek a healthy and fit lifestyle, making this franchise a perfect investment opportunity.
• Clean Juice: ‘Healthy in body and strong in spirit’, that’s the motto Clean Juice lives by. Offering organic and tasty juices, this business has become a people’s favorite and has expanded to 8 states.
• Good Life Organic Kitchen: Good Life Organic Kitchen’s primary focus is making an impact on the health of their community. They support their local farmers and vendors by following sustainable practices with eco-friendly disposables and composting.
• UFood Grill: UFood Grill is a fast-casual restaurant chain that specializes in serving foods with healthy and organic ingredients.
• Farmer Boys: Farmer Boys is another restaurant franchise that specializes in serving farm-to-table options that are better for your health and the environment.
Green Energy Franchises
There’s nothing more motivating or fulfilling than making a positive change to your society. This is why green energy franchises are a great industry to work in, especially if your goal is renewable resources.
Let’s take a look at some great green energy franchises you can invest in:
• USA Solar Store: USA Solar Store is a business that sells solar-powered products and other energy-efficient items.
• Dr. Energy Saver: If you want to help people save energy in their homes while lowering their heating and cooling costs, this is the perfect franchise to do so.
• Carbon Recall: This franchise specializes in complete residential and commercial renewable energy services. They’re committed to powering a net-zero world with clean, carbon-free electricity.
• Earthwise Pet: Are you an animal lover? Earthwise Pet is a franchise that provides pet supplies, washing, and grooming services while using environmentally friendly products.
• Supergreen Solutions: If you want to help local businesses cut costs and drive revenues through green initiatives, then SuperGreen Solutions is the perfect franchise for you. This business specializes in saving energy costs through lighting and solar panel installation.
The Bottom Line
While the world becomes more socially and environmentally aware, businesses have to adapt as well. If you’re looking to invest in a franchise, consider choosing an eco-friendly or green business.
Why? Not only is it fulfilling to be a part of a company that is contributing to the good of the environment, but it is also profitable for franchisors since consumers are increasingly supporting sustainability and eco-friendly products.
With so many great franchise opportunities to pick from, choose one that aligns with your beliefs and you will successfully build a loyal consumer base that supports your company values.
If we’ve already helped you we would love a Google review!